Wednesday, 25 March 2009
week 10 Qs 5 what is the semantic web?
The semantic web is an idea coined by Tim Berners-Lee that search engines on the web might be developed to function better this could be done by making sure that the search results present what the reader only wants to see that is it would filter all the material not relating to the initial search without the user having to modify what is types into the search bar currently tricks such as using quotation marks or asterisks can provide a better search but Berners-Lee aims to seeks ways in which using certain features like self description can understand as to what context the search of the user is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You wrote:
ReplyDelete"...Berners-Lee aims to seeks ways in which using certain features like self description can understand as to what context the search of the user is."
I'm not sure you or I understand what you mean here? Apart from some typos, there seems to be an 'overcondensing' of an argument that you might have made. This is a common error, try not to make it in your essay. You are obviously an intelligent student, but in your blog, your writing often confuses me as to what you really mean. This is often the case with student blogs, but I can usually guess what is meant. Often I'm not sure with your entries.